Thursday, May 17, 2018

17 May 2018

I decided to knit a sweater for my brother but nothing I do can be simple. I found a great stitch pattern for a sweater designed by Nora Gaughan. The sweater that Nora designed is called John's Sweater and it is a Ravelry pattern.

I decided the yarn used is too heavy for my brother so I went from a aran weight to sport weight yarn. After working a sample my gauge (over pattern) was 9.2 sts/inch. Just a bit of adjusting is necessary to make this work with the JaggerSpun Heathers yarn that I want to use. To make my life easier, I'm knitting from a cone of Heathers. I just get to knit and not worry about having to work in ends.

When you have a moment, stop by and I will show you the progress and explain how I'm making this work.

Nora's design works up from the 'ribbing' right into the cable pattern. It is a well thought out approach.

Now if I can just get this done by Christmas......

No comments:

Post a Comment