Friday, March 22, 2013

22 March 2013

I just thought I would remind you that we will be open Easter weekend with a Sit-And-Knit both days. If it is nice outside (who can guess with this weather) the porch will  be available.

I  often see knitters trying to pull yarn from the center of a yarn ball. Most yarn balls are not made to be pulled from the center - especially the balls shaped like a bagel.

I don't advise pulling any ball from the center. If you are knitting two strands of yarn together and it is to be knitted doubled then pulling from the center and outside will not waste yarn.

The problem I see knitters having when pulling from the center is the yarn collapse rat's nest - especially if you are traveling with the yarn. If you consider that you are hollowing out the inside of a ball, then it will eventually collapse. If the yarn plays nicely, then it might not be a problem if the yarn ball is never moved. Most balls of yarn do not play nicely when they are being moved around and the collapse makes a tangled mess.

My advise, just let the ball roll around in your knitting bag. It makes for less frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment