Tuesday, January 12, 2010

15 January 2010

Folks have asked me why I don't pull from the center of a ball of yarn. Well, my answer is simple. I really dislike tangled messes.

I am constantly moving my projects in and out of vinyl bags. I have several projects underway and I am moving them from the shop to home and back again. When the ball of yarn starts getting close to the end, it collapses. Now that wouldn't be a problem if the project and ball stayed in one place, but mine don't. Hence, I end up with tangled messes.

The only time I pull from the center of a ball of yarn is when the pattern calls for using two strands of yarn. Pulling from the inside and outside at the same time stops two balls of yarn from tangling and it uses all of the yarn from the single ball - no waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment