Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5 January 2010

Wow, that was hard to write, 2010. Who would of 'thunk'. Sitting in my 5th or 6th grade class I wondered what it would be like in the year 2000. Now I know. I had hoped for a flying car and trips to the moon. Oh, well.

I just had a customer surprised by the discontinuance of a yarn. It is unfortunate, but it happens. What made matters worse is that a yarn label was not kept. So I have no color number to try to search for.

My recommendation is that you keep a copy of the sweater pattern in a sleeve with a sample of the yarn and a yarn label. Keeping this record might seem as a bit of over kill but you never know when you might need the information.

You might even want to knit the sweater again and the yarn label might be of help. If you're lucky, years later they might still be making the same yarn. That isn't unheard of. Some yarns have been around for years. If not, at least the shop has half a chance of finding a good, close substitute.

And finally, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment