Friday, January 22, 2010

22 January 2010

I know its been awhile since my last post. The store is being inventoried so that takes most of my time. But, now when you ask if we have something in stock the computer should have the correct information. It is amazing how I can make mistakes when receiving inventory.

I have also figured out the date problem not matching the date that I post the blog. The dates should be correct from this point on.

One of my customers decided to knit a pattern from a new issue of a magazine. After casting on the required number of stitches an attempt was made to make a study (swatch).

After several knitting attempts and several brain storming attempts it was decided that the shop wasn't the best place to puzzle out this complicated cable/eyelet pattern. Come to find out there was a mistake in the pattern. I guess I can say I wasn't surprised.

There are companies that really take the time to check a pattern and these companys' patterns are a pleasure to knit from. Then there are the rest.

I would say that the internet has become a valuable tool when it comes to errata. I suggest checking the company's website to see if any errors have been found in the pattern you've chosen. Magazine or book, check first. It saves your frustration levels from going critical.

In this particular case, the magazine is too new and no one has reported finding an error in the pattern - yet.

Many customers have come in thinking that they're making a mistake when all along it has been an error in the pattern - NOT their knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment