Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 March 2011

I know that I have been very quiet for awhile but I have been waiting for the new yarns to come in.

Several of the new yarns have arrived. Well, it's not yarn new but the colors are new. Prism Arts has a new color series called Layers Dyeing. I will quote:

We are very pleased with an entirely new style of dyeing: LAYERS.
This method produces just that, layer upon layer of color that reads as solid from a distance, but reveals all of its subtle glory upon closer examination.

I have ordered several of the Layers colors (they're not all here yet) in Saki (Merino fingering weight) and Lace Wool. I have a great set of samples of this new color. Stop by and I will show you.

We also just received Alphabet City from Trendsetter Yarns. This yarn has little alphabet blocks knotted into the yarn (tested safe for kids). The yarn only comes in three colors (white, pink and blue) but what a great yarn for that baby gift. One ball knits a great cap and it is easy to keep the blocks on the knit side. Or, knit a sweater for that very special little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment