Wednesday, May 27, 2015

27 May 2015

The Porch Party was great fun and just in time. The weather was perfect for both days. The "party" continued on Sunday and with perfect weather. It was fun to chat and see all of the new projects.

I am finished with the Poncho. Just gluing in the ends. It is a wearable poncho because it is made with a cotton blend, just  right for summer and with a touch of bling.

I started the Dotted Rays shawl and folks remarked that the starting color matched my shirt well. I'm using Kauni and it is hard to convince folks that when a yarn is coarse it doesn't mean that it is itchy. Kauni IS NOT ITCHY! It may take some convincing but we will have a small bit knit up so you can walk around the shop with it at your neck and you can make the decision yourself.

I'm knitting the Dotted Rays with twelve colors of Kauni. You will have to see my crazy color combinations.

I am finishing the sweater that I started for my grandson. I am sewing it up here at the shop and will knit the neck here too. If you want to see the sweater you will have to stop by before June 14. It goes home to be wrapped for gift giving. Here's an idea of what I have been knitting.






In order to make it work I had to make several design changes. The design changes made the cabling work from the ribbing. Stop by and I will explain my changes. Remember, the pattern is in French. Here's the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/161---pull-col-cheminee

No comments:

Post a Comment