Friday, May 29, 2015

29 May 2015

Where has the time gone - it's almost JUNE!

We've stocked up on yarns from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. We're ready for your summer projects.

I should have my french bete noir sewn up by tomorrow and ready for a collar. This will require more adjustments to the pattern because the ribbing might not work into the ribbed collar well. Ah, another challenge. I will keep you posted and post a photo of the finished work.

The Dotted Rays shawl has posed some interesting problems. The original was knit out of a solid color. Of course I was taken by the images where there were color changes. The problem arises were you use a separator color and then start a new color. Without a small manipulation to the pattern you end up with a whole edge of just separator color. Hmmmmm. I think I've found a way around the pattern but a couple more color changes will tell.

When you see the model you will be able to see the change. I will write up what it is that I am doing when I am sure that it gives a good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment