Saturday, June 13, 2015

13 June 2015

I'll take a picture of color eleven tomorrow. I just didn't have enough time to day to knit enough the Dotted Rays scarf to be able to show what color eleven looks like. More knitting tomorrow.

I've sworn off of knitting shop projects at home. I knit MY projects while at home. Because I've finished grandson's sweater I'm back to knitting my bete noir. A Kaffe Fassett kit that I purchased years ago. It is for Valerie and it is the colorway that she chose. This pattern is called Foolish Virgins and is named after a fairy tale.


This isn't my knitting, it is an image of what the sweater will look like when I finish it. I started knitting it several years ago and when I looked at what I had done I decided that it needed to be raveled and started again. That isn't the problem. Reusing the six foot lenghts of yarn has been the challenge.

Any row can have up to 22 different colors that have to be controlled. I must say that I'm whipping the yarn into shape and this go-around looks better than the first time but this is a project that requires concentration to follow the color chart. I manage a couple of row a night.

The answer to your question is, "Yes I'm crazy."

No comments:

Post a Comment