Wednesday, June 3, 2015

3 June 2015

I can't believe it's June and the temperature outside is 58 - I'm not complaining. We're sitting here knitting with the door open, no bugs and it is just beautiful.

I've finished picking up the neck of the grandson's sweater. I've managed to have the sweater's ribbing and cables work into the crew neck. I had to really go down on my needle size to close up the neckline (3.75 mm). I've knit the 6 cm with the smaller needles and now I think I just need to knit one more row while using the 5 mm needles to finishing the final 6 cm. I'll turn down, to the inside, the additional knitting on larger needles and sew it down to give the sweater a proper crew neckline.

It just doesn't seem possible to bind-off the edge of a crew neck and make it look neat.

While the sweater is here at the shop today, it's the big glue down. As I knit the shawl I'm slowly working my way around the sweater and finishing in the ends and securing them with Stop Fraying.

The Dotted Rays shawl is coming along. I'm on color number six with only six more colors to go. My workaround for the one edge is working perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment