Wednesday, June 24, 2015

24 June 2015

I've been quiet for a while because it is hard to knit with just one hand. As always there are ways and I've found them so I'm back at the shop full time.

I've heard several complaints that the posting on my Facebook with the picture of my grandson wearing the sweater that I knitted for him is hard to see. I wasn't the photographer and I haven't been able to corner him to take another picture so I had to manipulate the photo and this is the best that I can do.

Here's a picture of the "torsade"



I guess this is what caught my eye. The purl stitches over the cable was interesting. Little did I know that I needed Valerie's help translating the french knitting terms. The cable wasn't bad because it was charted and charts don't usually need much explanation. It was the raglan saddle-shoulder part that required much translating.

As in most European patterns you are pretty much left to your expertise to make the sweater work.

I'm still working on Dotted Rays. I've started the twelfth color and tomorrow I will photograph the new color addition. After this color I will have to choose which colors to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment