Tuesday, November 3, 2009

9 November 2009

We had a great time on Saturday. The Porch Party on Halloween was just plain fun. The weather just didn't seem to be pleasant, but it was just fine on the porch. Several folks came in costume and the cookies and cakes (prepared by Mary Lewis) were delicious. Ms Bowes brought her famous pimento cheese sandwiches and Ms Ashley brought toffee that I had a hard time staying away from.

Pam Lamborne brought her finished Vertical Stripe Sweater for all to enjoy. The color was just wonderful. I will post the picture on the website (I hope my camera does the color justice).

I have a picture of some of the knitters but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I forgot my camera at the shop. Valerie has taken a picture of me in my costume. She tells me she'll post the photo on my Facebook page (as soon as I bring the camera home, sheesh).

The 8" Addi Turbo needles were tried and it was decided that they work just fine. Because I only ordered a few of them (sorry 'bout that), several customers were disappointed. I have ordered several of each US sizes 0 through 8. The 8" turbos should be at the shop by this coming weekend.

On Sunday the class had fun knitting Christmas ornaments using beads. Everyone was successful at transferring the beads and the knitting proceeded. Several new ornaments will be gracing trees this Christmas. I have ornament kits and models in the shop. They models will stay until the first week in December. If you would like to see the ornaments but can't get to the shop, you can visit the website and just call me with your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment